The Discipleship Basic Training for 2011 continutes this Sabbath, January 29, 2011, 2-4pm, presented by Pastor Santos.
Jesus gave the Great Commission, “Go and make disciples of all nations….”
Discipleship is about relationships that impacts your life and the lives of people.
The Holy Spirit actively works with Christians who are Christ’s disciples by changing and transforming them daily.
Are you a disciple of Christ?
Transformation happens not through programs but through highly accountable, Spirit-formed relationships.
Our goal is to train every member to be a disciple and discipler.
This is open for all members who wants to be a strong and effective disciple for Christ.
All newly baptized and rebaptized members (2008-2011) are requested to attend.
This is critical in developing a strong foundation for your walk with Christ and strengthening your faith.
There are several sessions in Phase 1.
Here are some of the topics covered in Phase 1:
· Learn the Principles of Discipleship
· How God Communicates - Learn how God communicates with His people and how to be a player in God’s team.
· How to Have an Effective Devotional Life – learn how to develop a strong relationship with Jesus. This will improve your time with God.
· The ABC’s of Prayer: Do you know the ABC’s of prayer? Learn how to pray effectively.
· Study the 5 Levels of How to Get a Grip of the Bible - Find the most effective way how to study and get the most from the Word of God. Learn how to listen to the voice of God.
· Bible Promises- Learn how to keep God’s Word in your heart. Learn techniques how to memorize Bible promises that will change your life!
· Agonizing in Prayer Principles – learn the keys to the most effective and powerful to pray for your family, friends, and self. The devil does is afraid when you learn how to do this.
· Prayer Journaling— learn a powerful experience that will transform your life!
· Private & Public Worship—learn practical ways how to develop worship the Lord in private and public.
· The Armor of God: one of the most important sessions, yet hardly taught in many churches.
· The Great Controversy Series—From Eden to Eden
a. Learn the major principles and elements in the Great controversy
b. Learn simple methods how to understand and share the story of Redemption-
From Eden to Eden
Here’s what you need to bring:
Bible, pen, notebook, and a teachable spirit.
Phase 1 Classes for Winter Quarter:
Jan.15 Session 1
Jan.29 Session 2
Feb. 5 Session 3
Feb.18 Session 4
Be sure to mark down these dates in your calendar and reserve the afternoon for an experience that will change your life.
Discipleship Basic Training for 2011Session 2
- Written by Melvin Santos
- Hits: 2559